Friday, March 21, 2008

Back in the States (but not for long)

First off, don't forget to check out the next three posts which have lots of pics from Fiji, NZ and Australia. Now for the travel update....

The last week in Fiji was nothing short of relaxing. We stayed on Waya island which is as remote as you can get out there. The snorkeling was as good as the great barrier reef due to the crystal clear (and very warm) water and the outstanding marine life. Throw in some beach volleyball, beach football, kayaking, hammocks and kava kava and you have an authentic Fijian experience. If you don't know what kava kava is, let me tell you. It is the root of a pepper plant and the locals make it into a drink which tastes sort of like muddy water. Not so good but it does have an odd numbing effect on your mouth and you sit around a circle and drink it as part of a formal ceremony.

Anyway, Chad and I have finally wrapped up the 6 1/2 month trip around the world from New York to LA (the long way) and I could not have asked for a better travel partner along the way. Unfortunately for Chad, he is going back to the real world. As for myself, I am off to South America tomorrow for the last leg of my trip. For those of you I could not catch up with while I was back in the States this week, I look forward to speaking with you when I return in May. In the meantime, keep checking out my blog because there will be more to come from South America...

No comments: