Sunday, February 17, 2008

Goodbye Ozzies, Hello Kiwis

Sorry about slacking on the blog but I just spent the last 2 weeks traveling down the coast of Australia to Sydney. We had some bad weather on the Gold Coast so I did not get to do as much surfing as I would have liked and Sydney (until the last 2 days there) was a bit colder than normal. Sydney was still a very cool city to walk around though. It has a beautiful harbour area, some cool parks and some great beaches, particularly Manley and Bondi.

I arrived in New Zealand yesterday, and I am already impressed with the amazing scenery here and with how nice the people are. I think I am going to love this country. Today we drove past an amazing clear blue lake (Tekapo) with Mt. Cook (a huge snow capped mountain) in the background. I have some of the best pictures of my trip so far which I will post soon. I am sure there will be lots of others though based on what I hear about New Zealand. More soon....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dave! We're so glad that you're enjoying your trip! Stay safe and we'll keep living vicariously through you.
Love,
Michele & Saul