Thursday, April 24, 2008

Floripa

Florianopoles is a relatively large city in Brazil full of great nightlife with a beautiful island (Santa Catarina) right across a bridge. I began my stay on the east coast of the island and the scenery on the beaches here is amazing. Praia Mole is particularly famous for its professional surfers (and big waves) and its beautiful Brazilian women (and their skimpy attire). Barra da Lagoa, a picturesque fishing village, is also very cool. The unique thing about Floripa (as locals call it) is that on one side you have the beach and on the other side you have a giant lagoon. After a few days on the beach, I am now staying near the lagoon in the center of the island where there is more nightlife and more conveniences around. Since Floripa is so spread out, it helps to have a car, and since I do not have one, I have to rely on the unreliable public transport here. So I am happy to now be staying in the center of the island. Today, I am planning on checking out the sand dunes on Joaquina beach where you can supposedly sand board the dunes. There is also a lot of hiking here. So much to do and so little time, especially since I lost a few days due to rain here. Only two weeks left on my trip so I am off....have to take full advantage of all my time left...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bro-
Any luck with the ladies? !!

-C