Thursday, April 17, 2008

Iguazu Falls

One of the interesting things about Iguazu Falls is that they are right near three countries: Brazil, Paraguay and Argentina (the Tres Fronteras), but the falls themselves are actually only on the border of Brazil and Argentina. I spent today getting soaked on the Argentina side of the falls with some new friends from my Iguazu hostel. The falls are very impressive both in quantity (there are tons of falls all over the national park) and quantity (massive amounts of water just pouring out of these things). It was well worth the 17 hour bus ride from Buenos Aires even though the weather was not great today.

Tomorrow, I am heading to the Brazilian side of the falls (which supposely have a better view from afar) and once there, I am going to remain in Brazil for the rest of my trip. My final country (number 23)...hard to believe.

I should also mention that my last few days in Buenos Aires were amazing. Mostly more of the same...great food, great nightlife. But I did go to a football match between San Lorenzo and Rosario and the fans were just nuts there. We have no passion for sports in the States compared to the fans in Argentina. The fans of the home team (San Lorenzo) literally sang songs through the entire game, only stopping at half time. They did not even stop singing when the other team scored! It was all very interesting to watch, and luckily, San Lorenzo won.

More from Florianapales, Brazil when I get there...

No comments: